Quejos Frozen Dough – Toaster Size and Cocktail Balls
Pieces are preshaped bread dough.
Never refreeze defrosted (or even half defrosted) dough as pieces will not rise properly when baked. Defrosted dough should be baked right away.
- Space frozen dough pieces on non-greased baking tray 2″ apart, and defrost for about 30 min at room temperature
- Place tray on middle rack in preheated oven at 375oF (190oC)
- Baking time
- Toaster size: 35 min for cheese line or 40 min for soya and non-dairy lines
- Cocktail balls: about 25 min
- Pieces are ready when golden brown on top and loosen from tray when shaken slightly
- Let cool for 5 -10 minutes before serving
Quejos pre-baked – toaster size and cocktail balls
They can be served in the same way as bagels – sliced lengthwise and toasted well
- Pieces are best when freshly baked, otherwise microwave to soften, followed by toasting well
- Frozen pre-baked pieces are best when defrosted in a closed paper bag in microwave oven for about 30 seconds before toasting well
Quejos Thin Crust Pizza Shells
Shells are already pre-baked, ready for preparing gluten free pizzas.
- Preheat oven to 350oF
- Brush surface of shell lightly with olive oil up to the edge
- Add sauce and favourite toppings to about half inch from edge
- Bake on perforated or stone plates or oven rack until toppings are ready – about 10 min
- Can be cooked over a bbq … delicious!
- Put frozen perogies in boiling water until water boils again and perogies float.
- Transfer perogies to a bowl of cold water and let sit for a little while. (This step is very important as it prevents perogies to stick together.)
- Drain from cold water and pan fry on both sides before serving immediately with your favourite toppings.
Quejos Vegan Pie Shells
- To bake crust to be used later, bake frozen crust in preheated oven @ 360°F for 15 mins.
- For a filled pie, follow instructions for that pie.
Non-dairy Wrap Shells
- Have fillings ready for wrapping.
- Warm wrap shell gently in microwave.
- Wrap fillings and serve immediately.
Quejos Vegan Samosas
- Keep frozen until ready to cook.
- Deep dry over medium heat.
- Serve immediately with your favourite yogurt and/or condiments.
Quejos Product Shelf Life
|Product||Freshly Baked (days)||Refridgerated (days)||Frozen (months)|
|Buns, Pizza Shells, Pie Shells, Wrap Shells||1||7||3|
|Banana Bread, Muffins, Brownies, Cranberry Bars||1||7||3|