- Cheese Quejos basic ingredients:
- manioc powder, water, parmesan and cheddar cheese, egg white, evaporated milk, non-gmo non-hydrogenated canola oil, butter, salt
- Soya Quejos basic ingredients:
- manioc powder, water, soya/rice cheese, egg white, organic soya milk, non-gmo non-hydrogenated canola oil, non-hydrogenated margarine, salt
- Dairy Free Quejos basic ingredients:
- manioc powder, water, egg white, coconut milk (with no sulphides) (except pizza shells which have soya milk instead), non-gmo non-hydrogenated canola oil, soya-based non-dairy margarine, salt
- Perogies basic ingredients:
- Pie crust basic ingredients:
- Wrap basic ingredients:
Cheese Quejos, Soya Quejos and Non-Dairy Quejos provide natural, wholesome alternatives for those allergic to wheat, yeast, gluten or dairy products.
Please note that Quejos products are manufactured in a totally wheat and gluten free facility where dairy, soya and almonds are present.
(right) the large fleshy root of the manioc, a tropical plant harvested in Brazil, Indonesia, and South East Asia
Manioc is a perennial shrubby plant, 1 to 3 meters tall, with jointed stems and deep green, fingerlike leaves. It has large, fleshy rootstocks (tubers). Manioc is widespread in all tropical climates, particularly in moist areas. It is cultivated extensively and may also be found growing wild in many areas. The rootstocks are full of starch and high in food value. Manioc powder is prepared by first grinding the fresh manioc root into a pulp, cooking for at least 1 hour, then grinding the dried pulp into a powder.